I’ve been on a bit of a smoothie kick this year, and with the help of Superfood Smoothies by Julie Morris I’ve made some delicious concoctions.
Yesterday’s is really, really tasty, so I thought I’d share.
- 1 cup So Delicious coconut milk, regular
- 6 - 8 pieces of ice
- 1 whole banana, unfrozen
- 2 tbsp shelled hemp seeds
- 1 tsp maca powder
- 1 spoonful of wheatgrass powder
- 2 spoonfuls of Seville Orange marmalade
- 1 spoonful of blackberry preserve
- 1 handful of whole walnuts
- half a bunch of raw, organic spinach
Crush and liquify/puree and give it a taste. Add more marmalade if the orange isn’t strong enough, which it should be.
I’ll share my normal smoothie recipe another time, but I was really happy with how this one turned out! Lots of vitamins, some fats, protein… a great way to start the day.
ps: Thanks to Kevin Lynagh for the maca and the inspiration to write down these recipes.- Jesse